City Secretary

Where do I rent the city public pool?
You can rent the city public pool at the water department office at 601 S. 1st Street. You can reach the water dept at (806) 872-4336 or (806) 872-4325.
Where do I rent a city facility?
You may rent a city owned facility at the water department:
601 South 1st Street
Lamesa, Texas 79331
Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate, marriage license or divorce decree?
The city does not handle these items. You must contact the Dawson County Clerks office #806-872-3778
Are solicitors required to obtain a permit?
Yes, all solicitors are required to fill out a application and meet with the Police Chief for clearance on the application. A fee will be charged to solicitors, peddlers, itinerant vendors. Religious solicitors are also required to apply with no fee being charged to them. Your may obtain more information regarding solicitors by contacting the City Secretary or the Chief of Police or by clicking here.
Where do I pay for traffic citations?
City tickets are paid at City Hall - Municipal Judge office.
DPS tickets are paid at the County - Justice of the Peace Office.
Where do I apply for a dance permit?
You apply with the police department. You will pay for security officers in the water department.
Where is your campground?
It is on South 9th Street and Bryan Avenue (in Forrest Park).
How much do you charge to stay at the campground?
Free for four days and thereafter you will be charged $20.00 per day
What are the hours at the landfill?
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sat. 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed on City Holidays
Do I need a permit to keep livestock on my property?
Yes. LIvestock is only allowed through a special process which requires an application and complying with city codes. You cannot keep livestock in the city limits on your property without first applying and taking care of the proper steps. Violators will be issued a citation for non-compliance by our Police Dept.

General FAQs

What are your hours?
City Hall is open Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm

Water Customer Service

When is my water bill due?
Your water bill is due on the 10th of each month.