a. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the council meeting held on November 18, 2014 and November 25, 2014.
(b) BILLS FOR NOVEMBER 2014: Approval of the bills paid by the City of Lamesa for November 30, 2014.
(c) BOARD APPOINTMENTS: Approval of appointments to the Boards & Commissions.
AIRPORT BOARD: Consider appointing one (1) member to serve 3 year terms ending on December 31, 2017.
ELECTRICAL BOARD: Consider appointing eight (8) members to serve 2 year terms ending on December 31, 2016.
LAMESA-DAWSON COUNTY MUSEUM ASSOCIATION: Consider appointing three (3) members to serve 3 year terms ending December 31, 2017.
PARK BOARD: Consider appoint one (1) member to serve a 5 year term ending on December 31, 2019.
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION: Consider appointing four (4) members to serve 3 year terms ending on December 31, 2017.
PLUMBING BOARD OF APPREAL: Consider appointing two (2) members to serve 4 year terms ending on December 31, 2018.
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT: Consider appointing five (5) members to serve a two year term ending on December 31, 2016.
4. DAWSON COUNTY SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER – HEAR REQUEST: Hear assistance request from Dawson County Senior Citizens Center Board President Gwen Aldridge.
5. EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE: Discuss and consider approving health insurance bid as recommended by Chris Norris, City’s Health Insurance Consultant.
6. LAMESA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP.: Consider appointing two (2) members to serve a two (2) year terms ending December 31, 2016.
7. LAMESA ECONOMIC ALLIANCE PROJECT: Consider appointing three (3) members to serve two (2) year terms ending December 31, 2016.
11. REINVESTMENT ZONE: Consider passing an ordinance on first reading designating a geographic area within the City of Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas, as a Reinvestment Zone pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code; adopting provisions related thereto and providing for severability.
13. FINANCIAL REPORT: Director of Finance to report on the city’s finances.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Consider meeting in closed executive session with the members of the Board of Directors of Lamesa Economic Development Corporation and Lamesa Economic Alliance Project to discuss the position of Executive Director of Lamesa Economic Development Corporation and Lamesa Economic Alliance Project Executive Director. (Section 551.074 Texas Government Code)
15. SELECTION OF CONSULTANT: Discuss and consider taking action on selecting a consultant to assist in the search for a City Manager for the City of Lamesa.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The public is hereby informed that notices for City of Lamesa meetings will no longer distinguish between matters to be discussed in open or closed session of a meeting. This practice is in accordance with rulings by the Texas Attorney General that, under the Texas Open Meetings Act, the City Council may convene a closed session to discuss any matter listed on the agenda, without prior or further notice, if the matter is one that the Open Meetings Act allows to be discussed in a closed session.
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m. December 12, 2014 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary