(a) APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the council meetings held on October 21, 2014.
(b) BILLS FOR OCTOBER 2014: Approval of the bills paid by the City of Lamesa for the month of October 31, 2014.
4. TAX NOTES SERIES 2014: Discuss and consider passing an ordinance of the City of Lamesa, Texas, authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Lamesa, Texas Tax Notes, Series 2014, in the Aggregate Principal amount of $750,000; awarding the sale of said notes; levying a tax in payment thereof; prescribing the form of said notes; and enacting other provisions related to the subject.
5. CALL FOR BIDS-LAMESA LANDFILL GROUNDWATER MONITOR WELLS: Consider calling and advertising for bids for the Lamesa Landfill Groundwater Monitoring Well Project.
6. AIRPORT GRANT: Hear presentation from John Farris with respect to available airport grants.
7. TRUCK PARKING (TRACTOR-TRAILER): Discuss and consider all matters incident and related to approving on first reading an ordinance amending Chapter 12, entitled “Traffic and Vehicles” of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Lamesa, Texas to provide provisions restricting the standing or parking of trucks in residential areas and the addition of designated streets for truck traffic, and transportation of hazardous materials in the city.
8. REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE (Jerry Mason): Consider taking action of a variance on second and final reading to Jerry Mason (501 N.E. 4th Street, Lamesa, Texas). Use of this lot will allow a single manufactured home for a single family residence in R-1 Zone (Single Family Residential).
All of the East Fifty (50’) of Lot Two (2), Block Two (2) in the Meeks Addition to the Town of Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas.
9. REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE (Oscar Vasquez): Consider taking action of a variance on second and final reading to Oscar Vasquez (1406 South 13th Street, Lamesa, Texas). Use of this lot will allow a single manufactured home for a single family residence in R-1 Zone (Single Family Residential).
All of the West Fifty Feet (50”) of Lot Seven (7) in Block Twenty (20), of the Hillcrest Addition to the Town of Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas.
10. REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE (Matthew & Kristine Gibson): Consider taking action of a variance on second and final reading to Matthew Gibson (1212 South Bryan Avenue, Lamesa, Texas). Use of this property will allow a single manufactured home for a single family residence in R-1 Zone (Single Family Residential).
All of Lots Ten (10), Eleven (11) and Twelve (12), in Block Sixteen (16 of the Hillcrest Addition (1212 South Bryan Avenue) to the Town of Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas.
11.. LEDC/LEAP EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH SERVICES: Discuss and consider approving negotiations with Mike Barnes Group to provide Executive Director Search Services as approved by the LEDC and LEAP Board of Directors.
12. LEDC PROJECT APPROVAL: Discuss and consider all matters incident to LEDC Board of Directors action to approve a loan to Walker Sims Oil contingent upon city attorney review.
13. LEDC REAL PROPERTY SALE: Discuss and consider all matters incident to sell up to 3 acres of LEDC real property on Southeast 8th Street contingent upon city attorney review.
14. LEAP PROJECT APPROVAL: Discuss and consider all matters incident to LEAP Board of Directors action to approve a loan to Sam Kirkland – Sky Vue contingent upon city attorney review and public hearing requirements.
15. EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE: Discuss and consider approving health insurance bid as recommended by Chris Norris, City’s Health Insurance Consultant.
16. TAX ABATEMENT ACT: Discuss and consider passing a resolution of the City Council of the City of Lamesa, Texas declaring that the city elects to become eligible to participate in offering tax abatement under the Property Redevelopment and Tax Abatement Act as amended and other Economic Development Incentives and adopting a policy statement on economic development incentives establishing objective and subjective criteria and guidelines for evaluating incentive applications.
17. STRATEGIC PLAN: Discuss and consider taking action on selecting a consultant for the City of Lamesa Strategic Plan.
18. FINANCIAL REPORT: City Manager Wayne Chapman to report on the city’s finances.
19. CITY MANAGER REPORT: City Manager to report on current activities and answer questions from the City Council.
20. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Council to convene in closed executive session in accordance with the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551.074 Government Code) to consider personnel matters and to conduct job evaluations of City Manager, City Secretary, Municipal Judge and City Attorney. No action will be taken in closed session. The Council will reconvene into open session after the completion of the executive session.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The public is hereby informed that notices for City of Lamesa meetings will no longer distinguish between matters to be discussed in open or closed session of a meeting. This practice is in accordance with rulings by the Texas Attorney General that, under the Texas Open Meetings Act, the City Council may convene a closed session to discuss any matter listed on the agenda, without prior or further notice, if the matter is one that the Open Meetings Act allows to be discussed in a closed session.
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m. November14, 2014 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary