1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. AD VALOREM TAX RATE – 2015: City council discuss the proposed tax rate and consider voting to holding two (2) public hearings on a proposal to increase the total tax revenues of the City of Lamesa from properties on the tax roll. (by record vote)
Proposed 1st Public Hearing – August 25, 2015
Proposed 2nd Public Hearing – September 1, 2015
3. BUDGET AMENDMENT: Consider amending Ordinance No.O-18-14 on second and final reading with respect to October 1, 2014 fiscal year budget.
4. RETIREMENT OF CITY SECRETARY: Consider accepting the letter of the retirement from the city secretary, effective August 5, 2015.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: Council to convene in closed executive session regarding the city secretary position in accordance with the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551.074 Government Code) to consider personnel matters. No action will be taken in closed session. The Council will reconvene into open session after the completion of the executive session.
6. CITY SECRETARY SEARCH: Consider giving staff direction with respect to filling the position.
7. BUDGET WORK SESSION II: Council to meet with city staff to discuss and set priorities for the 2015 – 2016 operating budget.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The public is hereby informed that notices for City of Lamesa meetings will no longer distinguish between matters to be discussed in open or closed session of a meeting. This practice is in accordance with rulings by the Texas Attorney General that, under the Texas Open Meetings Act, the City Council may convene a closed session to discuss any matter listed on the agenda, without prior or further notice, if the matter is one that the Open Meetings Act allows to be discussed in a closed session.
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m. July 24, 2014 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary