5. OPEN AND AWARD BIDS – POLICE DEPARTMENT: Open and award bids for 3 police vehicles.
6. ATMOS ENERGY NEGOTIATED SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT: Consider passing an ordinance on on first reading an ordinance of the city council of the City of Lamesa, Texas, approving a negotiated resolution between the Atmos West Texas Cities Steering Committee (“WTX cities”) and Atmos Energy Corp., West Texas Division regarding the company’s 2014 rate review mechanism filing; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement, finding the rates to be set by the attached tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; requiring the company to reimburse cities’ reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this ordinance was passed in accordance with the requirements of the texas open meetings act; adopting a Savings Clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring deliver of this ordinance to the company and the WTX cities’ legal counsel.
7. LAMESA MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE: Consider passing an ordinance on 2nd and final reading amending Chapter 1 Entitled “General Provisions”, Article 1.09, Municipal Golf Course, Section 1.09.001 Municipal Fees and to provide repeal of all conflicting ordinances, and to provide for publication and an effective date.
8. PERSONNEL MATTERS: Discuss and consider taking action regarding the City Manager search.
9. FINANCIAL REPORT: City Manager Wayne Chapman, to report on the city’s finances.
10. INVESTMENT REPORT: City Manager Wayne Chapman to report on the city’s financial consolidated investment funds.
11. CITY MANAGER REPORT: City Manager to report on current activities and answer questions from the City Council.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into closed session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m April 17, 2015 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary