4. CALL FOR BIDS – POLICE DEPARTMENT: Consider calling and advertising for bids for 4 police vehicles.
5. OPEN AND AWARD FOR BIDS - CITY OWNED PROPERTY: Open and award bids for the sale of one tract of city owned property being West 40’ of Lot 1, Block 1, Blackburn Addition (405 South 4th Street) of Lamesa Dawson County, Texas and specifying the terms and conditions of such sale of said property.
6. LEASE PURCHASE AGREEMENT – LANDFILL CATERPILLAR: Consider approving Lease Purchase Agreement for a New D6T Caterpillar Track Type Tractor from Warren Cat with trade-in of a 2009 D6T Dozer.
7. PUBLIC HEARING ON REQUEST FOR SPECIFIC USE PERMIT – 310 N.E. 3RD ST.: Public hearing on issuing a specific use permit for a home occupation to Sonia Medina, East 25’ of Lot 10, and All of Lot 11, Block 3 Turner, located at 310 N.E. 3rd Street which is in a R-2 Zone, Single Family Residential (home occupation – selling gift baskets)
8. REQUEST FOR SPECIFIC USE PERMIT 310 N.E. 3RD ST.: Consider passing an ordinance on first reading issuing a specific use permit for a home occupation to Sonia Medina, East 25’ of Lot 10, and All of Lot 11, Block 3 Turner, located at 310 N.E. 3rd Street which is in a R-2 Zone, Single Family Residential (home occupation – selling gift baskets)
9. REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE – 807 SOUTH 5TH ST.: Consider passing an ordinance on second and final reading issuing a zone variance to Ricky Guzman, Lot 4, and East ½ of Lot 5, Block 10, Lee Addition, located at 807 South 5th Street for zone change from zoning district R-1 Single Family Residential to
R-1 Single Family Residential with a zone variance for placement of a manufactured home.
10. GENERAL ELECTION: Consider passing an ordinance on first declaring the unopposed candidates for the 2015 City of Lamesa General Election, to be held on May 9, 2015, elected to office.
11. FINANCIAL REPORT: City Manager Wayne Chapman, to report on the city’s finances.
12. CITY MANAGER REPORT: City Manager to report on current activities and answer questions from the City Council.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into closed session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m March 13, 2015 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary