4. HEAR REQUEST FROM LEDC/LEAP PRESIDENT SCOTT LEONARD: Hear request from LEDC/LEAP President Scott Leonard to consider the approval of employment offer extended to Mr. Nathan Tafoya for the position of Executive Director of Lamesa Economic Development Corporation and Lamesa Economic Alliance Project.
5. RESOLUTION OPPOSING SENATE BILL 343: Consider approval of a resolution opposing Senate Bill 343 which would have the effect of turning home rule cities into general law cities.
6. REINVESTMENT ZONE: Consider passing an ordinance on second and final reading designating a geographic area within the City of Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas, as a Reinvestment Zone pursuant to Chapter 312 of the Texas Tax Code; adopting provisions related thereto and providing for severability.
7. OPEN AND AWARD BIDS: Open and award bids for four (4) pickup trucks.
8. CALL FOR BIDS - CITY OWNED PROPERTY: Consider passing a resolution authorizing the calling for bids for the sale of one tract of city owned property being West 40’ of Lot 1, Block 1, Blackburn Addition (405 South 4th Street) of Lamesa Dawson County, Texas and specifying the terms and conditions of such sale of said property; and authorizing the City Secretary of the City of Lamesa to advertise the property for sale in accordance with the provisions of Section 253.001 of the Government Code of the State of Texas.
10. PUBLIC HEARING ON REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE - 807 SOUTH 5TH ST.: Public hearing on issuing a variance t0 Ricky Guzman, Lot 4, and East ½ of Lot 5, Block 10, Lee Addition, located at 807 South 5th Street for zone change from zoning district R-1 Single Family Residential to R-1 Single Family Residential with a zone variance for placement of a manufactured home.
11. REQUEST FOR ZONE CHANGE – 807 SOUTH 5TH ST.: Consider passing an ordinance on first reading issuing a zone variance to Ricky Guzman, Lot 4, and East ½ of Lot 5, Block 10, Lee Addition, located at 807 South 5th Street for zone change from zoning district R-1 Single Family Residential to
R-1 Single Family Residential with a zone variance for placement of a manufactured home.
O O Open Meetings Information O O
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into closed session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
E The meeting will be held pursuant to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act (Govt. Code, Chapter 551). Discussion and actions are limited to the agenda items listed above. Persons desiring to address the City Council or express their opinion about a particular item on this agenda should notify the City Secretary before the meeting. Persons desiring to present other business or discuss matters not on this agenda should submit a request in writing to the City Secretary by the end of business hours on the Wednesday before the next meeting in order to be considered for inclusion on that agenda.
1 Upon request, auxiliary aids and services will be provided to an individual with a disability in order to allow them to effectively participate in the city council meeting. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the contact person listed below at least twenty-four hours prior to the meeting by mail, telephone or RELAY Texas (1-800-735-2989)
Contact: Maria Hatchett at
* 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331
' Telephone - (806) 872-2124
7 Fax - (806) 872-4338
CERTIFICATION OF NOTICE
I certify this agenda was posted at the City Hall, 601 South First Street, Lamesa, Texas at 4:45 p.m February 13, 2015 in accordance with Chapter 551.041 of the Government Code.
Maria Hatchett Maria Hatchett, City Secretary