Code Enforcement & Inspections
Effective January 1, 2020 ALL out-of-town companies/vendors (Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Construction) must pull a permit for ANY work being done in the City of Lamesa.
Once a permit is obtained and the work is completed. The company/vendor must call in for an inspection. We greatly appreciate your business and cooperation.
The mission of the department is to promote the public safety and welfare by enforcing the city's construction codes, zoning ordinances, health inspections, and nuisance ordinances in an efficient, effective and equitable manner.
- Provides routine code inspection activities to public health, life, safety, and property through the enforcement of adopted Building city Ordinances, and State Laws.
- Promotes planned developed by the administration of the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
- Inspects residential and industrial construction to ensure code compliance.
- Provides staff support services for the Planning and Zoning Committee, the Board of Adjustments, and housing standards.
- Reviews issues relating to various codes.
- Handles nuisance matters such as notification and cleanup of weeds, junked vehicles and buildings to reduce hazards to public health created by these conditions
- Weeds/trash in alleys
- Abandoned houses/buildings
- Weeds/trash in yards
- Junk / abandoned vehicles
- Renaming Streets / Address designation
Inspections: Inspectors Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Gas lines
- New construction from ground up
- Sewer lines
- Old construction
- Water lines
- Add on to an existing structure
- Water Heaters
- Add on carports/garages
- New Electric Service
- Amusement Centers
- Existing Electric Service
- Dance Hall
- Building Permits
- Drilling Well Permits
- New Construction
- Demolition Permits